Sunday, September 28, 2008

Updated slideshow

I just added some new pictures to the slideshow below...pictures from the past 3.5 weeks. Leah is now 8 1/2 months old....I can't believe how fast time is flying! She is now ALL over the place. Perfecting her crawling and getting faster, pulling up ALL the time, practicing balancing herself (standing) without holding on etc.

In fact, at church last night they had to ask me her age. They were very surprised she was only 8 1/2 months. They move them up to the next room around 11 months. They were suggesting that she move up because that room is better equipped for babies that are moving. The room she is in is more for stationary babies they told me.

I'm going to wait....I'm not ready for her to move up. She's not ready either...that room is much more crowded (which means more germs!), and just because she is starting to move, I don't want her in there with babies that are skillful at walking and possibly clonking her on the head with toys. No....she's still a baby even if she is advancing a bit early. At this rate though she'll probably be walking sooner than later. It is becoming childproof central around here!

The new pictures I added: we took Leah swimming for the first time on Labor day. Don't know if being submersed startled her or if it was just too cold. But it took awhile for her to really enjoy herself. She just seemed unsure for awhile.

The last three photos were from yesterday...she pulls up on the coffee table (chest) all the time so I came up with the idea to cover it with a quilt. The chest has sharp corners, and also a metal latch in the front. So far this had been a great fix!! I knew those corner covers never stayed on with my other girls...plus this can be removed when we have people over. Now I am jumping up less to grab her and she has more freedom!

Did I share about the bottom tooth that popped in 3 weeks ago? We think the one next to it is coming in also.

GREAT NEWS.....Leah now only has to get her therapy every other week which means we can do away with the weekly drives to Ft. Lauderdale! We are back to every other week for therapy which can be done when we are there for the helmet adjustment appointments anyway! I still have to do the therapy with her 5 times a day here at home. But it will be nice to reclaim some of life back!! Those trips take up most of the day and we certainly have other things we'd rather be doing.

Leah also had yogurt for the first time this week. She really likes it and I mix fruit in with it.

Remember to leave us comments! Have a great week! I'll definately try to update here more often than I have been....things have just been super busy. We are preparing for Leah's dedication coming up in 2 weeks. We're definitely very excited about that.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Denise, she is so cute!!!! Getting big, pulling up...how fun!!! Doesn't it make you glad she's got the helmet!?! I know I like having it now that Kaitlynn is crusing. She doesn't seem so bruised up from falling!! My kiddo's bruise so easily like their mother! LOL! She's getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Denise,
I agree with you, she should stay where she is until 1yr. Just because she is standing doesn't mean she will walk right away. Savannah was standing at 7mos but didn't actually walk until 11mos. You are right to keep her safe. Our church was the same way, wanted to move her up too soon. Anyway, so happy she is going so well, she look just beautiful! I am glad your trips to the DR. are down to every other week now. The one good thing about the helmut is at this age they seem to hit their head all the time, so at least he it protected from that.. Love you guys, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Denise she is getting big. I just let you know that my is 4 months and he has to have the surgy we are looking at either November or December to have it done. But he has to have a cut from ear to ear. We just went to his appointment today to see the pracite surgy to see what he had to say. We have not got the date yet. I look at your web page to prepear myself for what I have to look forward to. You have done a good job on this web page. I'm giving you my email adderess so can you please email me back at sborzon422@yahoo.com.

Unknown said...

Denise, I am so glad that you have kept us up to date with Leah Mae's progress. I can hardly wait to get down there and do some cuddling. I hope the gasoline siatuation eases up soon.

Kiss all three girls and we hope to see you next week sometime.

Grandmama