Saturday, April 16, 2011

Update on Leah ~ She's 3 now & all grown up!!


This picture was taken of Leah on her 3rd birthday this past January. We spent the day at Lion Country Safari with many of our closest friends. It was a fun day as Leah loves animals! Leah also had a birthday party at the park the Saturday prior to her big day.

Leah hasn't had a follow up yet, and we continue to pray over her head daily. It still definitely has a flat spot on her forehead, and though we think she is beautiful, I fear they will say at some point she will need another surgery. Cosmetically, we would not undergo for that reason...but we were told if she needs a surgery in the future that it would be to protect her brain. Also that we would not know until she is 4 or 5 yr old. Sometime soon I will have to make the appointment to follow up with Dr. Stelnicki...I'm just dreading it to be quite honest. I'm not sure we'll be getting good news.

On a bright note...Leah is a very smart and active preschooler now. She loves to ride her bike with training wheels and her tricycle. She loves to look at books, and play with her sisters. She loves playing outside, the water, baths, swimming, the beach, her shows like Dora, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and recently Curious George. She loves all the pets her daddy has acquired lately.

2 comments:

AudreyismyAngel said...

My son, Owen, will be 7 months old tomorrow and I found your blog while researching right coronal synostosis. My son was just diagnosed with that today. He's getting a CT scan next Wednesday and he'll see a plastic surgeon on May 5th. Any and all advice you have would be well appreciated. I'm terrified.

AudreyismyAngel said...

My email is SimplyCass@neo.rr.com

I'd love any information, insight, tips on how you stayed sane during surgery, etc. I'm a wreck.