Sunday, May 4, 2008

Time is really flying now.....

Wow! I can't believe we are almost 3 weeks post op (tomorrow)....it is unreal. I have been meaning to update for some time now. The first couple weeks home Leah's sleep patterns were all out of whack. She is doing much better with that now! The surgery seems like a lifetime ago and her scars are already looking so much better.

We are seeing her doctors this week...tomorrow we have an 11:15am appt with her neurosurgeon, Dr. Heger, for a post op check. Then on Tuesday we have a 3pm appt with her plastic surgeon, Dr. Stelnicki. I am pretty sure she will be getting her head measured for her helmet. He said once they take the measurements...it is all computerized and her helmet will be ready in 7-10 days. I can't really picture her wearing the helmet and dealing with it since we were so focused on the surgery. Hopefully she is still young enough that she won't mind wearing it. We were told she would be wearing it for 3-6 months...it is an orthotic device to help shape and mold her head. I'll post pics when she gets it!

Leah is ALL smiles these days and starting to laugh more. She's 3 1/2 months now and really getting more and more interested in the world around her. She smiles at us all the time. I will post some recent pictures soon. I am also going to update her slideshow so that it takes you all the way through to recovery pictures....just a matter of finding the time.

Sometimes I feel like I walk around in a "dream", a dream that the surgery is now behind us...it is a wonderful feeling and one that I don't ever want to forget. At a most trying time in my life....God showed up in a huge and powerful way....He walked beside me and took over in moments I felt weak and couldn't do it. I've had people tell me they could never go through what we've been through with Leah's surgery...that it is unimaginable to them. I've told them it is God that took me through it. When we are at our weakest, He is at his strongest. His power and courage and strength worked through me and in me and as a result I feel loved, blessed and amazed at His love for me!!

*I added in a post entitled "Day 3 Post op" below the slideshow in order to better preserve our memories of the week.

No comments: