Tuesday, April 1, 2008

In Quarantine!

As of yesterday we are now in quarantine!! Since we are only 12 days away from Leah's surgery we need to keep her healthy....they won't operate if she so much as has a runny nose! Since we homeschool it will be easy enough to keep the girls and Leah home. In addition to normal schooling we have some other fun activities to keep the girls from boredom....playing board games together, watching family movies, taking neighborhood walks, etc.

In won't be too hard for me since I am a bit of a homebody...though I do like to get out to our normal activities and we will miss those! But I will get more quality time with my girls and get a lot more done around the house...it will be nice to catch up on some odds and ends on the to-do list.

Leah is less fussy this past week and taking regular naps during the day which is so nice! I am able to get a lot more accomplished. For awhile there if we were home she wasn't napping well and wanted to be held a lot! She will be 11 weeks old on Thursday and I can't believe surgery is just around the corner. We are all ready to have it behind us! Thanks for the prayers and don't forget to add your comments here. We will be printing them out for Leah's scrapbook and I know she'll enjoy reading them someday!!

5 comments:

sah.hsmom said...

Just wanted to drop you a note and let you know with Sarah's help I found your note to the OT board and we have put you on our prayer list. Will also be passing it on to our church prayer team. I can not imagine what you must be / about to be going through, but HE does so I am asking Him to watch over you and encourage you . . . In HIS Love, Carolyn (weaver sis)

Leina said...

Denise, Leah & Family:
Just wanted you to know that I'm following your blog and pray for you all frequently! I know the pain and fears that come with the wait. I've been holding on to a quote that I saw, "To worry is to allow yourself to imagine a future where God is not in control."

Not to say we still don't worry (I know I do), but it's good to know that God is in control and knows all about our struggles to stay strong and believe.

Leina reminds me daily to pray for your sweet Leah! Prayers for health and a quick passing of time so that you can be on the other side of this and loving your baby without this constant strain.

Carrie (FIAR boards)

p.s. Feel free to follow Leina's blog as well, http://lovingleina.blogspot.com

gandk1985 said...

Sweet Little Leah,
We think you are beautiful and perfect just the way you are! The Angels have you in their care and will keep you safe and healthy. God is our Great Physician! He will give your Mom and Dad strength, faith and peace through this ordeal. He will give your doctors and nurses the wisdom and abilities to bring you through your surgery safely. He will instill love and compassion in all those who will be caring for you before, during and after your operation. We are keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers and have complete faith that all will go well.
Much Love, Aunt Kathy, Uncle Gene, Ryan, Jordan and Hunter

Anonymous said...

Denise, we're quarantine buddies. We're thinking of you and the girls in these final days before surgery! Then your waiting will be over and Leah's healing can begin. Leah's surgery will be just a memory by the time Jack's gets here on April 23rd...

We're praying for Leah's safety, your peace, and the surgeon's wisdom. In Jesus' name we pray.

Love,
Tricia and Matthew Hill

Rebecca Harber said...

I just wanted to stop by and say hi and that I'm praying for you this next week. I set up a blog for Julianna so I can post more pictures and updates. Go by and visit her page. www.harberclan.blogspot.com
Let me know if you need anything or want me to pray for anything specifically.

Love in Christ,
Rebecca