Friday, April 11, 2008

Pre-surgical clearance!

I've been trying to get on here and post for the past couple days! Leah has had a great week taking regular naps. She has been quite the charmer and talking and cooing with us. She is also starting to take an interest in her toys, but the past 2 days she has required a lot more attention and her afternoon naps have been a lot shorter. Hence I have not been able to get this blog updated!

We went yesterday (Wednesday April 9) for Leah's pre-surgical clearance appt. with her pediatrician. Ironic that we have to take her into a pediatrician's office...where sick children visit daily....to get clearance that she is "healthy" enough for surgery! Especially after having her isolated from others, now I have to take her to a germ hot spot!!

I took many measures to help ensure she didn't pick anything up while we were there. I was blessed enough to have my mom watch my other 2 girls so that they weren't there touching everything and picking up germs. Leah was in her car seat practically the whole time and I was a fanatic about washing my hands while there. Her pediatrician was very careful and before we left I scrubbed up and washed Leah's hands since she likes to stick her WHOLE hand in her mouth these days! When we got home I was sure to change my clothes and I gave Leah a bath.

She is healthy and got her clearance for surgery!! Now just a few more days to get through and to keep her healthy. Thank you for all the prayers in this area! Leah weighed 12 lbs 8 oz and was 24 inches long.

No comments: